Tuesday 13 July 2010

Week 5 A Compendium of Curiosities


This week the Compendium of Curiosities challenge is "Distress Powder". Instructions can be found on page 43 of Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities. Havent tried this before confess have had the powder and not experimented with it. I used Tattered Rose and Milled Lavender distress powders. Have used Paperartsy stamps from sheet 1005. Really love the texture effect and now have plans to experiment with them. I added a metal butterfly made from Magic Metal Copper sheet. I love this as when you heat it the colour changes. Have a look on Studio L3 blog to take a look at all the etries. Wonderful ideas. Thank you Linda for the challenge.

13 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Stunning, I love the image and the metal butterfly. Great colour combination. Tracy Evans x

Sue said...

Rachel this is gorgeous, I love your colours and your metal butterfly. I'm so glad I've found your blog again x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Rachel, this is gorgeous! Those two Distress Powder colors look awesome together-- I have to try this look myself! I love the elegance of your design, and the metal butterfly is the perfect touch! Bravo, girlfriend!

Netty said...

Totally gorgeous, love all your tags, Annette x

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the subtle colors in this!
Rinda

Helen said...

Gorgeous colours, love the images. Need that stamp set!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors of EP and ink you used, subtle, but beautiful!

Marnie Blum said...

lovely, soft colors in the background.

Sherry said...

Gorgeous tag! I love the smokey, dreamy look of the colours too.

donna said...

Awesome tag! Very romantic.

CuddlyBunny said...

Beautiful piece!

And I'm with you ... can't wait to do more of this style!

Terry said...

Fabulous piece! Your colors and the butterfuly are wonderful.

Truly Lori said...

I love the way your stamping leaves the effect of a "shadow" on the flower. Can't wait to try this!