Sunday 8 June 2008

Sunday Stampers Challenge "Lost in France"


Hi everyone. This week the theme was "Lost in France" I decided to do something a little bit different. I love the Sunday Stampers challenge and have been putting my tags together with a book ring. This time thought I would make a book and each week decorate a page with the weekly theme. Started with the cover. Have painted a 7 gypsies book with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber "Pool" then inked edges with black inkpad. Spritzed on some glimmer mist butterscotch to give slight gold tinge and did use little bit of turquoise glitter for a bit of glam. Coloured 2 x 2" pieces of stampbord in blue colorbox inkpads with slight tinge of mauve around edges -doesnt show very clear in scan. Then stamped Tuscan Rose image in black Archival inkpad on stampbord and inked edges of stampbord in black as well. One part of the stamp has Paris on it and stamped this on piece of card after colouring it with blue inkpad. Cut this out and mounted on book and added glossy accents to highlight it. Added some 7 gypsies rub ons and a handle. Finished off with some blue toned fibres. Hope to add another page next week.

7 comments:

Angie C said...

This is lovely Rachel and what a good idea to make an on going book with the SS challenges.

I also used that TRose stamp, but I love what you have done with it and might have to borrow your idea :-)

Andrea said...

thats fab Rachel and I think we have all been shopping in the same place, i used this stamp to for my challenge, yet to blog it though, love what you have done xx

Hels Sheridan said...

OMG Rach, this is truly stunning hun, thank you for joinin in and I think your idea of making a book is fantastic....now why didn't I think of that! LOL Hugs xx

Craftyideas said...

Thanks everyone.

shaz earl said...

Stunning Rachel xx

made by fifi said...

fab rachel - will be a gorgeous book! xx

Ann said...

Brilliant idea Rachel & I really adore the cover of your book, stunning colours & fab stamp - gorgeous!!