Sunday 29 June 2008

In my Pocket Challenge



Hi everyone. Hels has set a new challenge on her blog which is called In my Pocket. Every week a theme is set of something you will find in the pocket and this is hidden inside. This week the theme is buttons. I bought some gorgeous paper made by Scrapperdashery "Shakespeare -Romeo and Juliet". I love this paper it is double sided a gorgeous shade of pink on one side and shades of beige on the other. Words from the play are printed on both sides of the paper. Decided to make my envelope with this paper with the beige side for inside the envelope. It reminded me of sand on the beach. I also have some embossed button paper which is a lovely texture and I decided to make an envelope using the button paper inside placed it down one side and it reminds me of the sands of time. I love Romeo and Juliet and studied this many years ago as part of my English GSE course. Romeo and Juliet is such a beautiful sad love story the little buttons remind me of all the parts of life and all memories all pieced together each part important and special. For the inside embossed two Paper Artsy hearts one of each colour side of the paper to match. On the outside have used a piece of acetate with love and held this on with a beautiful prima flower with gold trimming. Edged envelope with gold krylon pen and added two gold embossed paper artsy stamped hearts on the envelope flap. Really enjoyed making this. Thank you Hels for setting the challenge. Hope you like it.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

a beautiful pocket Rachel, its stunning colours x

Angie C said...

Rachel, your pocket is gorgeous, I love those papers you have used - very scrummy

Linda said...

THis is lovely Rach..............if I ignore the colour!!! LOL :)

CraftyC said...

Your pocket look great, love the vintage colours
Clairexx

Anonymous said...

A really stunning pocket Rachel! :0) xx

Karen said...

Love the colours you've used, its a very pretty pocket :)

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Rachel, love the artwork, and look on my blog for agift
Jennie x

Karen said...

Rachel I've left something for you on my blog!!!